Want an easy way to create more space? You can organize an area which results in more space. Here are some tips to help you with the task.
Ability to let go is a necessity; if it hasn’t been used in the last six months to a year, is it needed?
Acquire suitable storage containers and filing folders with labels. Be creative and recycle. I often reuse the plastic zippered bags in which bed linens are sold; they are clear and have a pocket for a label.
Assemble the items to be organized; placing similar items into stacks, including stacks for abandoned (old/unused) items.
Appropriately file items into labeled containers or folders. Suggested categories: alphabetical, time/date stamp, subject matter or a combination of these categories.
Avoid clutter by filing items upon receipt; this may require an extra minute or two but it will help keep your space organized.
Annually review your storage plan and revise the system as needed.
Are you planning a vacation? Whether you are traveling a distance or staying near your home, you want to enjoy yourself. Use these tips to help you plan the vacation and reduce the potential stress.
Determine the destination
– Check rates (air, train, car rental, hotel) – there are a plethora of websites that provide current rates and will help you comparison shop.
– Camping fees – camping guides provide sites, fees by state; camping clubs also offer this information.
Draft the itinerary
– State visitor guides (offered free, request via website or phone call) provide guides to places of interests, maps, special events, eateries and special offers.
– Assemble information, including costs per day per person and create a budget.
Discuss with attendees
– Review the draft itinerary; remember this is a draft so be willing to change the plan based on feedback.
– Encourage everyone to participate so attendees are comfortable with the plan and know their interests are met.
Disseminate the travel packages
– Incorporate the feedback and revise the plan accordingly.
– Provide the necessary travel documentation (tickets, itinerary, budget) and indicate the required documents the attendees must bring (passport, visa, picture identification, …).
Demonstrate how to have a good time
– Capture/record your fun through videos and photos.
– Share your experience through social media sites.
Do begin planning your next fun trip.